July 17, 2017: Thank you for your interest in MUNAU 2018. Only very few seats are still available.
MUNAU 2018 – February 1 – 3, 2018
Dear MUN directors and delegates,
We are already planning MUNAU 2018 (six committees/councils, Security Council), and we would like to invite you to come to Augsburg in February 2018.
MUNAU 2018 will be our sixth conference.
- Our aim is a multinational conference (MUNAU 2017: delegates from Cyprus, Germany, Great Britain, Netherlands, Russia) with not more than eight to ten delegates per school from as large a variety of countries and areas as possible.
- We have gained a lot of experience by attending MUN conferences for example in Alkmaar, Hamburg, Heidelberg, Luebeck, Oldenburg or Prague.
- We will make every effort so that MUNAU 2018 can become a great success for everybody – first-timers and experienced delegates.
These are the details of MUNAU 2018:
• Venue: Maria-Ward-Gymnasium Augsburg (founded by two English ladies more than 350 years ago)
• Date: February 1, 2018 (9:15) – February 3, 2018 (15:30)
• Conference fee: 35 Euro (3 lunches, snacks, drinks, conference material, party admission fee)
• Average size of committees: 25
• Maximum number of delegates: 165 (limited by the size of our school building)
• Accommodation: host families (if desired), youth hostel, hotels
• Special: guest speakers
• MUNAU committee evening; MUNAU party
• MUN directors’ lounge in the school library (the top floor)
• Free guided city tour through Augsburg (if desired);
• Munich tour possible for delegations that arrive a day earlier or leave one day later
Please understand that creating a diverse body of delegates, which reflects the idea of the UN with its 193 countries best, is more important to us than the order of pre-registrations.
We are already looking forward to meeting you (again) in Augsburg in 2018.
The MUNAU 2018 Organization Team